Senior Business Analyst – Bank Customer Resiliency
Summary: As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Team: This analyst will be a core member of the Consumer and Small Business Bank Customer Resiliency (BCR) group managing the intent of the Bank Collections and Recoveries, Credit Bureau Reporting and Bankruptcy. The analyst will be core to improve operational efficiency of the BCR group through operational strategy improvements while managing losses. The role will be responsible to evaluate, define, build, and manage the key metrics critical for the operational performance and will work with Product, Technology, Operations, and Credit teams to improve the performance of the operations group. The analyst will also be accountable for forecastingand goal setting of the FTE needs for the BCR call center group. The success of the role is defined by the abilityto handle cost efficiency while minimizing losses during the downturn as well as post downturn.
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products
- Marketing: Support direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
- Credit Risk: Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment ■
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- At least 1 year of experience in Statistical model building
- At least 1 year of experience in market research
- At least 1 year of experience in SQL querying
- At least 2 year of experience in business analysis
- At least 1 year of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.