The Small Business Development Center at Onondaga Community College is celebrating National Small Business Week this week by presenting “Small Business Of The Year” awards to one business in each of the six counties it serves.
The 2022 honorees are:
The center is also handing out two more awards:
- Small Agricultural Business of the Year: Galvin Farms Gourmet Mushroom Company in Lysander, Onondaga County
- Regional Small Business Lender Partner of the Year: M&T Bank
“We’re so proud of what each of these businesses has accomplished,” said Bob Griffin, the center’s regional director. “Small business truly is the business of America.”
The center offers no-cost, confidential business advisement services to individuals and companies throughout a six-county region.
The advisors provide customized solutions through advisement, education, research and advocacy for entrepreneurs, innovators and the small & medium enterprise community.
From 2019 to 2021 the center reports it has:
- Assisted more than 3,400 clients – 400 started new businesses
- Supported the creation or protection of more than 8,300 jobs
- Aided entrepreneurs in securing more than $63 million in investment including loans, grants, or other private financing.
The center is funded by money from the U.S. Small Business Administration and the state.